Thursday, December 24, 2009

THE JOY OF CHRISTMAS!

Love it, or hate it – Christmas is an important time of the year. For many there is the religious reason, for some it is just a good time to take a break, and for most of us it is a good time to spend with our family.

This year, as I spend time at home with my family, I reflect on how our lives may change within the next year.

Suddenly the election of 2010 will be a reality, and if (as I hope) I am elected to serve the people of Brighton Kemptown, then my life and that of my family will change dramatically.

For some people Christmas can be a sad and lonely time. For people living alone, there can be nothing worse than the festive cheer of others, if there is no-one to share that with at home. So this Christmas just give a little kindness to those you know are by themselves.

Because I shall be spending my free time with my family, then blogging will be light over the Christmas period.

I will be back with a New Year message, and look forward to working in 2010 for the change our country desperately needs.

So to everyone, political friends and foe alike, to all the people of Brighton Kemptown – from the Palace Pier to Peacehaven, from Moulsecoomb to the Marina – on behalf of my family, I wish you a very peaceful and happy Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment